Home Career & Education

How much your work is worth if you can make a game ready character 3d model?

focus_method
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
focus_method polycounter lvl 4
Hi,
how much is your work actually  worth if you can make a game ready  3d character model ?
Do you get job opportunities almost immediately or you need to still get into the line to wait your opportunity and /or luck ?
I wonder how it goes in this industry?

Replies

• jStins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    Making a game ready character is the baseline you need to clear to be considered for a character art position at a game company. Then the quality needs to be high (and higher and higher if you're aiming for AAA). Then you need to get lucky. (Luck being defined as the intersection of preparation and opportunity OR as the residue of hard work and persistence).  
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    That depends on how good you are. If you have the skill for AAA you have the skill for AAA.  B)
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    To be honest, a confluence of factors.

Aside from those already mentioned, (...off the top of my head) also on occasion the right time/place/prior experience - i.e. - places are looking to hire for a new iteration/expansion especially long running IPs, living local plus previous exposure to a production environment.

Will more than likely attract additional interest, on top of meeting the content creation standard required, of course.

*OP, most of your questions thus far certainly make one think a bit more than usual*