Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for critiques

I'm very much new here, so I apologize if I'm not savvy to how this is supposed to work. I'm looking for hardcore critiques on my portfolio pieces because I've been looking for freelance work for a good while now, and I'm getting no business of any substance. Any comments or critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Replies

• bearfry
  • Will_Maccabe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will_Maccabe polycounter lvl 3
    I cannot comment on why you cannot find work, but good luck with future apps.  Maybe try exploring some other genres, as well, to be more versatile perhaps. However, you're a solid painter and some of these pieces are excellent. I really like how you tackle metal materials and you draw faces well. 

• bearfry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I cannot comment on why you cannot find work, but good luck with future apps.  Maybe try exploring some other genres, as well, to be more versatile perhaps. However, you're a solid painter and some of these pieces are excellent. I really like how you tackle metal materials and you draw faces well. 

Thanks, I appreciate your words of encouragement and insight. Trying different genres is probably the best way to go. I can see how this specific style might not be exactly appealing to people who need other types of illustrations.
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    I suggest picking one of this and render it to death just to show future employers that you can provide highly polished work .Right now they are all pretty much the same quality and feel rough and painterly , colored sketches which is fine if I want to hire you for a sketch or concept but for illustration I want to see something polished
    There are some small thing that bothering me in almost all of the above
    For example in first image main guy weapons are like children's toy especially the mace
    Second image his right hand is suppose to be the closest thing to the picture plane right so it should be big right but it look like skeleton hand
    Both armor guys look neck-less
    Things on the red guy legs really destroy the whole image
    On final girl you have her weight on her left leg which will raise this side of the pelvis and for some bizarre reason you have belt that is doing  exactly the opposite negating the whole contrapposto effect straightening the middle ,losing all the movement .Probably thats why belly button in act of rebellion is doing it own thing