Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Some Ranger Girl

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
EvilSylvanas polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone
Here is one of the latest models i'm making right now
It's some Ranger girl based on one of the early concept arts of JeeHyung lee

it's a very early WIP so it doesn't look that hot, so i'm kinda asking myself if i even should post it this early, but here it is anyway

Body is mostly complete, later i'll comeback to it to add some details and refind it more
I did a block out of clothes and  armor, it'll drasticly change later. Boots are half way complete, i'm not 100% satisfied how they look right now, they are kinda okay, but it could be better, so probably i'll comeback and rework them.

Replies

• EvilSylvanas
    Offline / Send Message
    Update:
    Refined most of the armor parts, and body. It's not finished completley i still need to add details to the quiver, and create hood/scarf, and last but not least head

• Nuclear Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    Nice work on the armor pieces so far. What art style are you aiming for that the end product will be? Is it realistic or stylized? 

Some things I think you should fix before moving on is that on your basemesh, there are some issues. The connection between your arm and the chest is not correct. The arm pit is way to far down, and that is because your pecs are connecting to the arm to far down, and the same with the teres muscles on the back. 
    The hands are to small and the proportions between the palm of the hand and the fingers is off. 
    The shape of the wrists is oddly flat, it should be a bit more tubular, I would recommend shecking out anatomy for artists to see some good cross sections for reference. 
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I agree with the hands looking a bit small, good start over all
  • EvilSylvanas
    Offline / Send Message
    @Nuclear Angel
    @jose.fuentes
    Thank you both for your comments, i really appreciate it, so:

I'm kinda aiming to realistic style but i want to use this stylized cuts and slashes on armor, i think in the end it will look pretty good

I fixed the arms and changed the hand size, looks like i just get used to this model so i didn't see some issues, but thanks again to you guys i made some adjusments

also it's probably because of the angle, the wrist looks flat, but they are not, either way i changed a little since they were kinda thin

• jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I think on thing that can help, is if you bring in the Zbrush Ecroche model and put it to the side of your model, that way you can compare measurements and proportions