Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

i sculpted a head every day for the past 60 days, this is the result.

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Lucaus polycounter lvl 6
Continuing from my previous post i have made more progress, its slow but still a progress.
I have learned a few interesting things and got some affirmation on some things a already knew.
I already knew that the key to improvement is repetition but what i didn't know is how much of an improvement i would reach already, granted i know that the quality of where i am at is terrible but i expected to reach it in 5 to 6 months not 2.
I also noticed that i sculpt way quicker and i'm more efficient at sculpting shapes, the early sculpts took me 90 to 120 minutes and now its takes from 60 to 90 with polypaintng.
speaking of polypaintng, texturing is currently what i'm some difficulty with, that and sculpting the hair. my hair sculpts haven't improved a lot and i'm not sure why.
any opinions or critique is welcomed. :smile:

Replies

• JamesBrisnehan
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan polycounter
    I want to know what it would look like if you spent 2 days sculpting a face. Or 5 days. Now that you've leveled up your skills, how much could you refine, detail, and polish a single face sculpt.
  • Lucaus
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucaus polycounter lvl 6
    I want to know what it would look like if you spent 2 days sculpting a face. Or 5 days. Now that you've leveled up your skills, how much could you refine, detail, and polish a single face sculpt.
    i know for a fact that if i spend more time on a head it will look better, and that is showing in the inconsistency in some of these sculpt, on some days i didn't have a lot of time to sculpt so they would look worse than the one i made on the day before.
    and sometimes i do some likeness projects but i feel that i learn the basic shapes of the head way quicker when doing quick sculpts.
  • JamesBrisnehan
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan polycounter
    There is nothing wrong with doing speed sculpts, and doing them has certainly made you improve. It would just be cool to see what you are really capable of, now that you are at a new level of proficiency. Like an 'After' of a before-and-after comparison. It's just a suggestion though.
  • Lucaus
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucaus polycounter lvl 6
    There is nothing wrong with doing speed sculpts, and doing them has certainly made you improve. It would just be cool to see what you are really capable of, now that you are at a new level of proficiency. Like an 'After' of a before-and-after comparison. It's just a suggestion though.
    unfortunately i committed whatever free time i have left in the day to doing this and some other projects, so i rarely have the time to do a full likeness project.
    but i'll definitely share my progress as i keep going.  :)