Armature Studio in Austin, TX is seeking a dynamic, creative contract UI Artist to join our team for a (minimum) six month term. This person will work closely with the Design Team and UI Engineers to design creative and accessible artwork for use in game user interface.
This is a 40 hour per week, in-office, W2, temporary position. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
To apply for this position, please send resume and portfolio link to: [email protected]
- Design 2D and 3D UI art that compliments and enhances the game play experience
- Team with artists and engineers to bring your UX design ideas to fulfillment
- Maintain the overall design aesthetics and, with the UI Engineer, oversee its implementation
- Generate prototypes from simple paper walkthroughs to in game experiences
- Imagine and design logos, brand elements and energetic motion graphics that add a special “wow factor” to our games
- Bring energy and positivity to your design work and see it through to completion.
- Preferable 3 years game industry experience
- Experience with creating designs that work within game engines, (Unreal 4 preferred)
- You breath Flash, Photoshop, and Scaleform
- Enjoys working with small, agile teams and works well with minimal supervision
- Positive and collaborative team member
- Have a passion for outstanding, attractive UI Art, and strive for excellence and originality
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates must have US work permit or citizenship
- Local to Austin, Texas
- UE 4 experience
- Designing UI for VR
- Other generalist art skills, tell us what you can do to make great games!