Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zbrush skull Critique

I think I know what direction to go but I've found that critiques speed the decision making process up dramatically. I still have to add more detail but I think I got the major forms where they should be, please let me know if I am wrong. 

EDIT: posted a reply instead of editing the original post but here are the updates

FINAL: Thank you for all the help I didn't want to be a perfectionist and the sculpt was taking way longer than expected lol, here's the final piece. I've learned that repetition is key to learning so maybe I'll do another skull sculpt in a few hours instead of several days next time.

Replies

• Deniell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deniell triangle
    Hi there. First of all I'm not expert by any mean in skull anatomy. Actually I'm learning for a short time but from what I learned and observed I think there are some mistakes when I look on side view. The top of zygomatic arch should be more less euqal with the bottom of eye socket. But since you don't make a hole to the zygomatic arch it's hard to tell for me so I just follow the edge. And then the mouth seems to flat. I would do it more round. If you look at the pictures I think you will understand what I mean since my explenations in Eglish can be very confusing. :D But as I said I'm not expert in this so I think you shoul wait for someone more experienced. Image result for skull zygomatic arch

• HaTariq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Deniell those were some great points I hadn't even noticed the the points you made I will fix and update soon Thanks again.

• Deniell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deniell triangle
  • HaTariq
  • bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Hey Hatariq, I suggest you take a step back and learn the basic angle changes and "low poly" form of the skull before diving into details. That's the biggest pitfall I see in beginning artists. 

Here's a couple references that should help breakdown the skull and a quick paintover. Splitting the skull into thirds can really help you nail down the proportions and measurements. Compare your skull thirds to the ref thirds

Nail down the major angle changes and you should be on your way! Cheers

• Deniell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deniell triangle
    Yeah, I think that eyes are in better position but they are too wide now. bkost gave you nice feedback and very good description on measurement the skull. When you look at the picture, you'll see that nasal bone is wider. But keep going, you are doing better than I when I started to learn the skull. :D
  • HaTariq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you bkost that was a great information and great reference images, thanks