Home General Discussion

Alternative to Jira and Confluence

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
hogjonny polycounter lvl 11
Looking for any input on good replacements for Jira and Confluence. indie to AAA sized studio, Ideally open source solutions.

I know there are a lot of alternatives our there, I am not looking for a religious and/or flame war. More specifically what I am looking for is someone who has had prior experience with Jira and Confluence and has successfully transitions to some other combination of project tracking and backlog management software.

Replies

• NikhilR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter
    I recommend Test Rail, since it also connects to Jira.
  • lefix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lefix polycounter lvl 11
    There's a couple promising tools popping up these days, like monday.com, favro, clickup, notion etc which you can use in creative ways.
    It seems that there is now a trend going towards building a full "Work OS" that combines the task management, commmunication, documentation, planning etc in one tool. But tbh I still have to give them a proper try, but I like the direction we are going.
  • marks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marks greentooth
    MS Office and self-hatred.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    I like hansoft for project management - I think it's very expensive though. 

• JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    poopipe said:
    I like hansoft for project management - I think it's very expensive though. 

Hansoft is definitely way better for artists and everyone in that end of the pipeline (Artist, Animators, Tech Anim, VFX, Lighting, Shaders, Cinematics etc).

In a perfect world, artists shouldn't really be iterating on final art, so there's not nearly as much "back-and-forth" or changes due to play-testing.

Theoretically most of our schedule should be able to fit into a flattened timeline which is great for us.

(Not so great for programmers or designers who do need to iterate and make massive sweeping changes due to play-tests and optimizations and such).