We are seeking an experienced Graphics Engine Programmer/Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team to work predominantly on tools, pipelines and graphics systems to support the team producing digital art.
Dominic Harris Studio Ltd is the production studio of the digital artist Dominic Harris (www.dominicharris.com
), an internationally exhibited artist specialising in interactive artworks and large kinetic sculptures. The team is comprised of approx. 20 people, and includes dedicated software, 3D, animation/rigging, motion capture, electronics and production teams.
You must possess natural talent, interest and ability to work quickly with ambitious concepts. The successful candidate will be one who is passionate about their craft, is a strong team player, demonstrates commitment to tasks at hand and has an insatiable desire to develop new skills. Candidates would ideally have proven production experience (+3 years) and the ability to improvise. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable with sharing knowledge, working cooperatively and developing ideas and solutions as part of a group.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of programming in either C++ (UE4) or C# (Unity 3D)
• Solid understanding of Unreal Engine real-time workflow
• Solid understanding of graphics pipeline
Not essential, but beneficial:
• Software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Ability to write clean code
• Compute shader, parallel or multi-threaded programming
• Unreal's Niagara and particle simulation systems
• Serial and UDP communication protocols
• 3D maths
• Real-time ray tracing
• C++ for Unreal
• Unity, Unity’s VFX Graph
• Motion capture experience
• Experience with alembic data and SFX (e.g. Houdini, Marvellous Designer) into a real-time context
• Understanding of real-time character animation
• Cloth, Fluid or Physics simulation
• Mobile platforms experience
• Competitive salary.
• Full time position at our Notting Hill (London) studio.
• Bonus annual leave for long-serving employees.
• Company pension above UK minimums.
• Must have the right to work in the UK (visa), hold a valid passport and be willing to travel for work.
•Apply by emailing your CV and portfolio/links to previous work to [email protected]
referencing your name and "Graphics Engine Programmer/Developer" in the subject line.
• We highly encourage applications from candidates who are from a diverse range of backgrounds.