We are seeking a committed Technical/Environment Artist to join our multi-disciplinary team to work predominantly on 3D environments, materials, 3D visual effects and performance optimisation.
Dominic Harris Studio Ltd is the production studio of the digital artist Dominic Harris (www.dominicharris.com
), an internationally exhibited artist specialising in interactive artworks and large kinetic sculptures. The team is comprised of approx. 25 people, and includes dedicated software, 3D, animation/rigging, motion capture, electronics and production teams.
You must possess natural talent, interest and ability to work quickly with ambitious concepts. The successful candidate will be one who is passionate about their craft, is a strong team player, demonstrates commitment to tasks at hand and has an insatiable desire to develop new skills. Candidates would ideally have proven production experience (+1 year) and the ability to improvise. We are looking for a team player who is comfortable with sharing knowledge, working cooperatively and developing ideas and solutions as part of a group.
• An artistic eye
• Understanding of aesthetics
• Interest in the fine arts
• A solid knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4)
• Ability to document creation processes
• Substance Designer/Painter or equivalent
• Experience with look development using static and real-time lighting
• Experience with post processing effects
Not essential, but beneficial:
• PBR work-flow experience
• VFX systems such as Houdini, Thinking Particles or Fume FX
• Visual programming or Python
• Experience in 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, Blender or Houdini
• Experience with custom material shader graph
• Interactive character animation experience
• Experience with Unreal’s Niagara,
• Motion capture
• Cloth simulation
• Real-time physics simulation
• Real-time ray tracing
• Unity, Unity’s VFX Graph
• The ability to read and amend C++, C# or compute shaders
• Competitive salary.
• Full time position at our Notting Hill (London) studio.
• Bonus annual leave for long-serving employees.
• Company pension above UK minimums.
• Must have the right to work in the UK (visa), hold a valid passport and be willing to travel for work.
• Apply by emailing your CV and portfolio/links to previous work to [email protected]
referencing your name and "Techical/Environment Artist" in the subject line.
• We highly encourage applications from candidates who are from a diverse range of backgrounds.