The Contract Texture Artist will work closely with the project’s Art Lead and Game Director to create exciting, lively art pieces for Armature’s latest project. The person in this role will specialize in photo-sourced and/or hand-painting realistic texturing. The artist will not have to specialize in PBR for this project as the textures will be mainly a color pass only.
This job is a four to six month long contract position, 40 hours per week, working on site. Relocation is not available for this position.
If interested in applying, send resume and a link to your portfolio to: [email protected]
- Support the game design with amazing art! Creation of textures and implementing them into Unreal 4.
- Work within technical standards and limitations set forth by the game, creating highly optimized art that still looks great!
- Maintain the artistic goals for the game. Understand and work within the style set forth by Game Director, Art Lead, and concepts.
- Know and play the game so that you understand how the work you do relates to the player experience.
- Learn and become proficient at art pipelines created to put assets in game, as well as alter them once inside the Unreal 4 Editor.
- Manage your time and create estimates of how long your work will take with production and other teammates.
- Communicate clearly, always be eager to learn, and be a great teammate!
- Previous game studio experience preferred
- Highly Proficient in Photoshop
- Strong photo-sourced texturing experience with props, environment assets and characters
- Some proficiency in Maya, and Unreal Engine 4
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to follow existing guidelines, policies, procedures or project parameters.
- Trained in Art/Design with emphasis on composition, color theory, and shape language.
- Experience with 3D modeling in Maya
- Experience with digital illustration
- Experience with environment art and/or character/prop art
- Technical knowledge of Unreal 4 materials
- VR game experience