Home Technical Talk

Blender and maya diffuse texture issue

juanoblagu
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
juanoblagu polycounter lvl 6
in substance painter and marmoset toolbag the texture looks fine (straight lines on the pants) but in blender and maya it looks skewed, here are the images 
Blender:

Substance painter

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    Triangulate the mesh first or export the one from Substance. 
  • juanoblagu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu said:
    is the same mesh from substance, i just tried triangulating in blender and still skewed 

• Prime8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    oglu said:
    What Oglu wrote.
    You can see on your Substance Painter screenshot that it's not triangulated the same way.
  • juanoblagu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 said:
    oglu said:
    What Oglu wrote.
    You can see on your Substance Painter screenshot that it's not triangulated the same way.
    i triangulated the mesh after the answer from oglu, but before that the mesh was as in substance painter
  • Deelus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deelus polycounter lvl 4
    This skewing happening just because your UVs is skewed. Make seams on hard edges then make islands straight. Repaint your mesh and its should be fine
  • BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Deelus said:
    This skewing happening just because your UVs is skewed. Make seams on hard edges then make islands straight. Repaint your mesh and its should be fine

The skewing on the UV flat is because of this, but that doesnt matter as they are painting directly onto the model in substance, creating the desired result. The issue is that the display changes when importing into a different program-- which has nothing to do with the UVs.

@juanoblagu
    Sorry to make you repeat something that might seem obvious, but if you still haven't solved this could you go through step by step your process of triangulation? It sounds like you did something in the wrong order or perhaps misunderstood the exporting from substance suggestion.
  • Deelus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deelus polycounter lvl 4
    BagelHero said:
    Deelus said:

The skewing on the UV flat is because of this, but that doesnt matter as they are painting directly onto the model in substance, creating the desired result. The issue is that the display changes when importing into a different program-- which has nothing to do with the UVs.

I'm talking from my experience. Previously i had same issue when my model looks absolutly fine in SP but in other software some parts was looking skewed and any triangulation wasn't helping at all. UVs is skewed and it's should be fixed at first.

• Prime8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    Prime8 said:
    oglu said:
    What Oglu wrote.
    i triangulated the mesh after the answer from oglu, but before that the mesh was as in substance painter
    Did you paint the texture again?
    You need to triangulate before exporting to Substance and painting. Make sure modifiers are applied.