Home Adobe Substance

Is Substance Bitmap2Material still usefull over Substance Alchemist? (Did Alchemist replaced B2M)?

Jonathan85
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9
Is Substance Bitmap2Material still usefull over Substance Alchemist? (Did Alchemist replaced B2M)?

Hello, is Substances program Bitmap2Material (B2M) a thing of the past now and all its functionality was moved to Substances Alchemist? Or in other words, everything that could have been done, all the settings, options, workflows etc. that were possible with Bitmap2Material have been implemented into Substance Alchemist that (besides FULL B2M functionality) offers even more functions... So if one is looking to learn one software, he should definitely learn Substances Alchemist, because it can do all that B2M can, and more...

Is this correct? So i dont need to be learning B2M because its been completely replaced by Alchemist?

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    I personally find both soft absolutely useless  and weird.   So consider my time spent as a waste 
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Substance Alchemist does feature a tweaked version of the stand-alone B2M filter, and B2M can be considered deprecated. I don't think it's available for sale anywhere anymore is it?

That being said, we'll have exciting news on that front at Substance Day at GDC next month, stay tuned!