Home Adobe Substance

Scaling complete Smart Material

ceen
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ceen polycounter lvl 4
Hi,
I learned there is no official workflow to scale the tiling of a complete Smart Material in Painter at once? You need to go in and manually adjust tiling scale etc. in all the layers?
This is a major pain since I reuse a lot of materials from earlier jobs and I constantly run into this workflow issue.

Is there some trickery or workaround out there on how to apply scaling to the complete Smart Material?

Thx!

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    There is no way really . And in SD too.    Moreover when you scale  procedural  patterns , noises,  slope blur and such they could easily be looking not real anymore.   The magic is always somewhere in between pixels  really.

So the only way is generate few outputs with different random seed  and then stitch together.   You could make a graph for that in SD but I prefer just usual photo editing soft .    Could be some pre-made file with smart objects in PS.   The patch tool  to fix seams.

Another option is Filter forge plugin for PS. Contrary to Susbtance Designer it allows to do all this with a slider at output.
    Well not an option, rather another way to do procedural stuff.