Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Spaceship Challenge

Alander787
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Alander787 polycounter lvl 3
Hello, I decided to try to participate in the latest CG Boost Challenge.
The topic is Space Carrier.

I wrote some notes about the topic and tried to come up with a cool idea.
With the idea I came up, I launched Blender, created some simple shapes, arranged them and then randomized their position and scale.

This was then what I liked the most out of all options.

After adjusting few things, I went into the sculpt mode and remeshed the whole thing and started sculpting.
This is my progress so far. I would like to receive some tips and critique, what is wrong and what else could I do.

I'm planning on to retopo after being finished with the sculpt and polymodel with Sub-D modifier.

Replies

• Seeberg
    Offline / Send Message
    Seeberg polycounter lvl 6
    I would recommend tightening a lot of your edges during the retopo. There are a few pinched corners and soft panel line edges for a mechanical space ship. This is a good starting point though! 
  • Alander787
    Offline / Send Message
    In the retopo process

• DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Good luck, hope to see some great texturing going on, i think it was fun and or silly someone just splattered a bunch of objects together and made a scene out of it.  At least you are putting in that extra bit of work, i almost wanted to participate (cause you made this thread and made us all aware of it) but meh i got things to do, i'll live through it in your work, so go go go!
  • Alander787
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz said:
    Good luck, hope to see some great texturing going on, i think it was fun and or silly someone just splattered a bunch of objects together and made a scene out of it.  At least you are putting in that extra bit of work, i almost wanted to participate (cause you made this thread and made us all aware of it) but meh i got things to do, i'll live through it in your work, so go go go!
    Thank you for your support! I'm almost done with the retopo. I also don't have much time, so I won't even probably make it in time, but I will still finish it nonetheless!
  • Alander787
    Offline / Send Message
    Done with the basic retopo :astonished: now I need to adjust the shapes, add details and stuff