Home Technical Talk

Question concerning modeling process

Hello all, there seemed to not be a direct form for this so I thought I would post it here. I have an upcoming project concern. I wanna make a subway cart but I wanna build the outside and inside. I have not built this way before and was wondering how I should go about this? I am thinking of building the exterior first and then copying the walls for the inside and just flipping them but not sure how to go about connecting them for seamless transition. Any advice or videos would be much appreciated, thank you. 

Replies

• Ex-Ray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ex-Ray polycounter lvl 12
    Spend a good amount of time on the blockout mesh, working on both interior and exterior at the same time. Make sure key elements have the correct scale, such as the seats, wall heights.

The door way would be a good area to focus on getting right as it covers both shells.

Use plenty of ref, paying attention to thickness of walls, thickness of window frames etc. 

Rough it in spending equal attention to both shells, then refine and refine. Get it in engine and double check it.

Once you are happy, organise your scene into 2 groups, interior & exterior shell. After that then you can feel confident on making your final mesh. 

Regarding seamless transition, it depends on the design. Either make sure ext & int vert count are the same and snapped together where they meet or you have frame work that encompasses the transition. 

I hope that makes sense. 

• sacboi
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moving this from Career & Education to Technical Talk.