Home Marmoset

Custom cage issue

velesius
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
velesius polycounter lvl 11
Hi! I have some annoying issue with marmoset's custom bake cage. The result of baking looks as if cage does not completely cover the high poly. But it is not. Other programs (xnormal, substance) with the same cage have no artifacts. If you turn off smooth cage in the marmoset, the result becomes much better, the holes disappear, but, as expected, it becomes really ugly at the uv seams . Sorry if this has already been discussed, I didn't find anything similar. Does anyone know the solution to this problem? I like to work with a marmoset, but in this case it completely loses to all competitors. Thanks!

Replies

• WillDettrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WillDettrey polycounter lvl 11
    Hello @velesius, I am looking into this now by putting a test case together. If you do have any files you can send me to expedite this process then please send them to me, Will at support@marmoset.co. I will follow up with results in either case. Thank you!
  • velesius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    velesius polycounter lvl 11
    Hello @velesius, I am looking into this now by putting a test case together. If you do have any files you can send me to expedite this process then please send them to me, Will at support@marmoset.co. I will follow up with results in either case. Thank you!

Thanks for reply! Sorry for delay, I sent test assets at support@marmoset.co. Hope, it'll help, we really need this fix. Thank you!