Home Marmoset

Fix seams in Marmoset

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hey there, any idea how I can fix these seam issues inside Marmoset?
This is how my current workflow works.
  1. Export OBJ from ZBrush as Quad with "Mgr" On and "Grp" Off.
  2. Import OBJ into Maya, create custom Cage, Export Custom Cage as OBJ.
  3. Substance Painter New Project: OBJ (exported from ZBrush) with "Compute tangent space per fragment".
  4. Now in baking, I use custom cage, put the high poly OBJ, Dilation with = "1".
  5. Exported the textures and done.
  6. I Soften the Edges of the low poly OBJ, exported and imported to Marmoset. I inserted the Normal Map and there are still seam.
I feel like I need to do a New Project in Painter and redo everything to make sure no seam will appears in Marmoset.
Please what's the proper Object export/import workflow I should do?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Enzo_98 depending on your settings in Painter (OpenGL vs D3D), you may need to click the Flip Y check for your normals.

Selecting the mesh object and setting it to Mikk / xNormal tangents may help as well.
  • Enzo_98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Enzo_98 depending on your settings in Painter (OpenGL vs D3D), you may need to click the Flip Y check for your normals.

Selecting the mesh object and setting it to Mikk / xNormal tangents may help as well.
    I chose the DirectX in the very beginning and I also click Flip Y Both Normal and Detailed Normal in Toolbag. I just realize that the Reflection Anisotropic setting causes seams appear so I change it back to GGX which fix the seams.

However it won't work the same on my other mesh. I even change all other mesh's Reflection setting back to GGX back but there's still an exception.