Home General Discussion

HighEnd3D (formerly: Creative Crash) is gone?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Deadly Nightshade polycounter lvl 10
Anyone who regularily download scripts, tools and plugins for Autodesk Maya will know that HighEnd3D (formerly Creative Crash) is no more. The website is down, and has been down for weeks - even months - and there's been no message to the community except for one that I got sent to me with my last PayPal payment:

"Hello Everyone,As some of you may know Highend3d was acquired earlier this year. The company that purchased was not living up to our agreement. After a bit of legal battles, I have taken back ownership of Highend3d and trying to get caught up on things. I apologize for the lack of communication, legally for a while I could not represent ownership of the site anymore. All of this should be resolved moving into 2020. I appreciate your patience with us."

So it appears that the owner sold the rights to some other company that didn't live up to the agreement (read: they sucked). The owner has since then been in a legal battle to get shit back up, but appears to be behind schedule. The above message was sent out to everyone who have their scripts/tools/plugins for sale on the website, but this was more than a month ago (December 30th). Meanwhile, everyone who got things up for sale there are losing money. GG.

Meanwhile there is some new website setup called Pearltrees.com. I would not bother with this one at all. The only reason it pops up when searching for Creative Crash is due to some automatic - although clever - SEO (search-engine optimization). The website has NOTHING to do with Maya scripts/tools/plugins - NOTHING.

Replies