Home Marmoset

Python API issues

fatique
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
fatique polycounter lvl 6
Hello.

I make a python script for baking in Marmoset and have some questions. I will be very grateful if someone can help me to answer them.

1. When I'm trying to flip channels on normal map with getMap("Normals").flipY - nothing changes and getMap("Normals").flipZ  - flips both channels - Y and Z.
getMap("Normals").flipX - flips X channel correctly.

Am I doing something wrong or this is an API bug?

2. Marmoset crashes when any baker selected in the scene in the main Marmoset window and var edgePadding changes between  'None', 'Moderate', 'Extreme'.

3. Is there a reason why I can change samples in the main baker setting window between 1, 4, 16, 64 but using API I can change only between 1, 4, 16?

4. Is there a way to start script automatically with launching Marmoset?

Replies

• AlainGalvan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlainGalvan polycounter lvl 3
    Hi Fatique, thanks for bringing these issues to our attention:

1. Turns out this was a bug on our end, we've gone ahead and fixed it and it'll be available on the next patch.

2. We're having trouble reproducing this on our end, so setting edgePadding to one of those options while a baker object is selected is causing a crash? If you have any more details about this it would be greatly appreciated. 

3. This was also a bug on our end, thanks for alerting us! We've also fixed this one.

4. Yes, you can start a script automatically by including it in your command line arguments if you run Toolbag from a terminal or via a shortcut. On Windows you can edit the shortcut to include in the executable path whatever python file you wish to run at launch. 
  • fatique
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

1. Turns out this was a bug on our end, we've gone ahead and fixed it and it'll be available on the next patch.

2. We're having trouble reproducing this on our end, so setting edgePadding to one of those options while a baker object is selected is causing a crash? If you have any more details about this it would be greatly appreciated. 

3. This was also a bug on our end, thanks for alerting us! We've also fixed this one.

4. Yes, you can start a script automatically by including it in your command line arguments if you run Toolbag from a terminal or via a shortcut. On Windows you can edit the shortcut to include in the executable path whatever python file you wish to run at launch. 
    Hi AlainGalvan.

Thank you a lot for answers. I recorded a video where I change padding for BakerObject and with padding sometimes change other parameters as Format, Samples, Texture Sets, Maps. If there are several BakerObjects in the scene Marmoset can crash:

This is the code I use for changing padding:

• fatique
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hello,

I'm sorry for bothering but I can't understand if there a way to launch specific Marmoset Toolbag scene with a python scrip. For example if I launch  "toolbag.exe" " script-path" it works, but I can't start .tbscene files with a script same way.
    I will be very grateful for answer.

My bad, solved this by passing sys.argv with path to scene that script should load in the beginning.