Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] - AoiTea: Looking for addvice on 3d work for an assignment

I have one week  to finish this Part 1 of a two week assignment. Starting from Tuesday 1/21/20

The concept art I am making this model from is crated by Emanuele Arnaldi

Here is the concept art:

It is my assumption that this is a Dango Cart.

Here is the model I have been working on:

I'm looking for any advice / critiques on the model so far.

If anyone has any advice one perspective matching i would greatly appreciate it. It's what I struggled the most with at the beginning.
As you can tell from the other shots its not right still.

I'll be posting updates as i complete more.

Replies

• PolyPushr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyPushr polycounter lvl 2
    Good start so far, for a prop like this I would work on blocking in all the straight geo first then look at the curved pieces then add irregularity last. I'd also say for the roof beams they should be flat from the top and side views (Apart from the bend obv) and the rear beam is a mirror of the front. 

Perspective matching will be pretty tough for a concept like this as you don't know what precise angle its been drawn at. the best way to get accurate proportions is having some orthographic views of your concept. If you don't have these looking up a real world counterpart for a cart like this and trying to find some measurements online is an option other than that I'd just eyeball it against a person model of about 1.8m tall.

Hope this was helpful :) I look forward to seeing it finished! 
  • AoiTea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks PolyPushr. Blocking it out really helped with fixing a lot of proportion issues.

I ended up missing my personal due date for the project and had to start on the second part of the project with the incomplete model.
    here what it looks like for now.

Part 2 of this project was to model a Cow Honey Farm.

The concept art I am making this model from is crated by Johanna Rupprecht

I have no plans on making the cows

Here is what i have so far: