Home Technical Talk

[Maya] GN Project Components To Live Surface

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Gabriel Nadeau polycounter lvl 8

Version 1.12:

Added new option: Edge Constraint

This option allows you to restrict the projection of each selected components to the corresponding edge direction that is closest to the current projection mode and axis.

Version 1.10:

Hello!
I just updated my script on ArtStation with the new features listed below.

• Added a small description of the script at the top of the window.
• Changed the XYZ axis checkboxes for radio buttons instead as I felt like projecting in multiple axis wasn't really needed.
• Added new camera projection mode, which will project the selected components in the direction that the current camera is facing.

Version 1.0:

Hi everyone!

I want to present you my latest script which is called GN Project Components To Live Surface.
This script acts very similar to the Conform command in Maya but with additional options that gives you the possibility to project the desired components along a specific direction.
For instance, with the pivot projection mode, you can control the direction by changing the orientation of the move tool pivot.
Also, you can project components from both polygon meshes and nurbs curves.

You will find below a snapshot of the script window and its different options as well as a couple of examples of the script in action:

Let me know your thoughts and feel free to contact me if you encounter any bug or you think that something could be improved/changed.

Cheers!
Gabriel

Replies