Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Pop Up Window Opacity

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
So I was hoping to get some help with my Zbrush interface. I've modified my UI lately with a new black theme and can't figure out one setting. Basically when I select the "Select Rect" brush a window pops up asking if it should remember the setting until next restart. I'd like the background of that question popup to be a solid colour, black in my case. I clicked through all the Icolour options but nothing works. Any suggestions? I've used this program for like 4 years and never thought about where this setting could be lol! Thank you!

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    AFAIK, that color is determined by the "Main" color. The issue is that zbrush tends to treat black as transparent for a lot of things.

Rather than use a pure black value, set Color: R, Color: G, and Color: B values to at least "10" and use that color instead. This should be dark enough to still look black, but high enough in value that zbrush will see it more as a color and not a transparency.    
  • apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
    cryrid said:
    AFAIK, that color is determined by the "Main" color. The issue is that zbrush tends to treat black as transparent for a lot of things.

Rather than use a pure black value, set Color: R, Color: G, and Color: B values to at least "10" and use that color instead. This should be dark enough to still look black, but high enough in value that zbrush will see it more as a color and not a transparency.    

Omg thank you! I would probably never have figured that out!