Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Goatman Warrior

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Greenfudge polycounter lvl 8
Currently working on this guy over the last couple weeks.
Sharing progress so far, critique is more than welcome. :)

So this is my current design i am working from, below I've added the moodboards.
Leaning more towards Anglo-Saxon than Viking. not too keen on the chest piece atm...

I also painted this guy up earlier while designing, I decided to go for a more armored look in the end, mostly due to wanting to make some armor assets ;)

Replies

• Greenfudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lastly for today, here's my start in Zbrush. I've tried exaggerating the size of the neck and traps, to give him a more animal feel since the rest of his body is just humanoid. Still playing with proportions and blocks right now.
    As a character he's supposed to be a leader of a small village, they aren't too rich. They do have strong culture and religion/magical history.

• Greenfudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spent some time learning about parallax occlusion mapping in UE4, happy with this result given I hadn't spent too long playing with it. So I might incorporate this into the character, for a a bit of extra depth and details not only in the fur but perhaps chainmail and other armor details? Will test soon...
    Also wondering if this will work nicely with hair/fur cards..

• Greenfudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Little update, had a lot on my plate recently so good to get back into the project :)
    Leaning closer to my illustration idea, i feel i'm heading in a better direction with this now though.

• Greenfudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So many edits later, I gave him goat legs, took the top away, still undecided about what should be on the legs, but i think for now maybe some other wraps or cloth hanging from the belt would look nice.
    Anatomy needs some work.. that back is messed  :#
    It may be more work, since his top half is mostly visible fur now, but maybe it'll be easier than i'm thinking....  :p

• Greenfudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Getting there, thinking those gloves are gunna change soon... :p

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Looking cool, you have to do some UE hair breakdown for us later :)
  • Greenfudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch said:
    Looking cool, you have to do some UE hair breakdown for us later :)
    Cheers mate, will do  ;)