Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

TUTORIAL: Making of 3D Printed Baby Yoda's by 3D Model Doctor

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
NikhilR polycounter
Hello, 

I thought I'd get in on the tutorial scene and show my process to better demonstrate how I work.

I cover the whole process from sculpting from concept art to 3D printing and as a bonus making a game ready model based on the concept.

This is a tutorial in progress, so I've posted some of it here,

Follow the remainder along here
https://www.artstation.com/nikhilr/blog

TUTORIAL INTRODUCTION

In this series, I am demonstrating a 4 step workflow.

We'll first start with Step 1 with an indepth look at how I approached the concepts leading to how they finally look before I move on to step 2

I am focusing on 12 concepts of the character which will be readied for 3D printing.

In addition as a game artist, please stay tuned for a game res model  that will be included in the tutorial as a bonus towards the end.

TUTORIAL CONTENTS

General Workflow 

This gives a basic idea of how I go about working on a sculpt. I cover the brushes I use, how I use them, what to focus on, how I manage my time.etc.

Step 1

12 full length demonstration videos ,not all have voiceovers, showcasing blocking, drafting and repurposing existing geometry.

Tutorial slides and model flowchart showing progression of the work.

Step 2

12 full length demonstration videos with voiceovers, showcasing detailing and finishing

Retrospective - comparing with step 1

Step 3

12 full length demonstration videos with voiceovers showcasing prepwork for 3D printing

Retrospective - comparing with step 2 and step 1

Step 4 (tentative depending on availability of 3D printer)

12 full length demonstration videos with voiceovers showcasing 3D printing process including cleanup and finishing

Final Retrospective comparing with all previous steps.

Follow the remainder along here
https://www.artstation.com/nikhilr/blog

Next up: General Workflow