Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first (finished) model

Staddy
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Staddy polycounter lvl 4
Hello Polycount people! I would love to get some honest feedback on my first finished model that I did on my own without any outside help! 
Is this model good enough to put in my portfolio to potentially apply for entry level jobs or is it not even close? I'm really unsure to be honest. 
You can be honest with me, I wont be hurt if you say its garbage. Anyway, thanks in advance for taking your time and giving me some feedback :)

Replies

• Staddy
    Offline / Send Message
    Staddy polycounter lvl 4
    Also here is the topology 

• jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    hey man, great start.  One thing I would add is a very subtle bump to the black material, nothing in real life is perfectly smooth.  I would make it so its barely noticeable but enough that it breaks up light just a little.  

Secondly, I don't think a phone is enough to get hired.  Perhaps you could keep this going and make a small scene, like a room, office, etc.  That way you can have a bunch of props all together. 

Just my two cents
  • Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I see a ton of n-gons. A beginner probably should avoid n-gons! Good job on your first prop. For your next one, I'd suggest trying out sub-d modeling. YouTube should have a lot of tutorials on the subject :)