Home Unreal Engine

*Another* Lighting issue

GuanAndOnly
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
GuanAndOnly polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys! 
I've been trying to switch over to Unreal after exclusively using Unity. Unfortunately, trying to get a modular level to work with lighting has been absolutely kicking my butt. I've followed the posts about creating multiple UV sets using the secondary one for lighting, and I'm not too concerned about the seam issue everyone else has been getting since the pieces are all disjointed anyway. The issue I'm having instead, is that it seems all my pieces bake with the same lightmap. Right now I've tried creating the blockout with a single wall piece duplicated. How would I go about having unique shadows for all my modular pieces?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    You can test if this is what actually heppsns by using a point light instead of a directional light. That way they would surely need to get unique lightmap. Anyway, what you are describing could only happen, if you are duplicating the pieces in the dcc , merging them without repacking the uvs, and bringing them in like that. Duplicating them inside unreal will make sure that they have unique lightmap.