Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Fast Food trey project

Hello everyone!

I've been neglecting my 3D work these holidays (naughty naughty) so I'm doing something simple, but diverse to work my way back into it.

It's gonna be a fast food trey with food and drink on it. More specifically, a beef burger, a chicken burger, two chips (fries), chicken nuggets and one (maybe two) drinks, as well as various clutter (sauces, napkins, receipt, etc.). I'm doing this to try and practice my 3D general skills, and I'm going to try and make it low poly enough to theoretically be game ready. The modelling will be done in Maya, the texturing will be made in Photoshop and I'll be uploading it to SketchFab once finished.

Currently, all I've got done is the trey (modelled and UV unwrapped), and am currently working on the burger box (having trouble with the rigging, but I'll get there). I'll be keeping this up to date so you can see my progress.

I'd love to hear any feedback during the process, about anything! As someone's who still learning, any feedback from you all will be very valuable! (plz be kind, am only dumb potato).

Progress image 1:

Replies

• mca0004
    Hello everyone! Just a small update before Christmas (I'm writing this as the guests for the Christmas Eve party arrive).

The box has now been fully rigged (skinning, controller, the works!), here's a gif of it in operation.

Again, feedback is welcome!

Merry Christmas!
  • Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey! I'd add a deformer on the box. Maybe use a lattice or a squash modifier? Burger boxes usually have a slight curve/bend to the cardboard as outlined below. If it's super straight like you've got it, it looks like a hard plastic.