Home Unreal Engine

How To Exclude "Particles" and "Transparent materials" from Cinematic Camera's Focus ?

Hello everyone.
I am working on a short reel in Unreal's sequencer where I want to use the "Focus Setting" feature to especially focus on my main hero prop: The Plague mask/costume. Upon using this feature, I stumbled upon a strange issue where the "Focus Settings" won't work on any object that are either a "Particle" or a "transparent material". 
How can I make my Particles and Transparent materials to obey to the "Focus Settings"?

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Open up the problematic materials, and on the left panel inside the material editor, seatch for "render after DOF" and disable that. Be aware that even after this, you may still see some artifacts on translucent things in dof, if there is a sudden change in depth, and the transparent material would go across that depth change. This is because transparent things don't have scene depth, so they can't be perfectly blurred using a depth based method.
  • Chef_0f_J0EY_SH3rWay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura said:
    Open up the problematic materials, and on the left panel inside the material editor, seatch for "render after DOF" and disable that. Be aware that even after this, you may still see some artifacts on translucent things in dof, if there is a sudden change in depth, and the transparent material would go across that depth change. This is because transparent things don't have scene depth, so they can't be perfectly blurred using a depth based method.
    Thanks very much, that works immediately for my 2 problems!