Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

MGD-09 Programming Device - Feedback Appreciated

MightyMorphin
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
MightyMorphin polycounter lvl 3
Hey, I'm new to Polycount and really every online space to share 3D stuff on. I've been teaching myself 3D for just under three years now and I'm looking to get my 3D skills to a professional standard, and put together a solid portfolio to help me get a job in the industry.

I've recently finished modeling and texturing the below conceptual programming device.

It's 6.4k tris with three materials. The device's UI as well as the glass have their own material as that's the only way I know how to get opacity working in Painter.

Whilst I based the model on the reference, I changed some of the materials as I wanted to make the device more in line with existing field equipment, such as satellite phones.

There is a 3D viewer available on Artstation - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v1Wg5D.

The HP renders are kinda meh at the moment as I've lost Keyshot to a dead HDD. I've done what I can in Maya/Arnold but I'll re-do higher quality ones later.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Reference

High Poly

Finished

Replies

• Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    Hey there, this looks really nice! Can you share your textures for this too? What kind of jobs are you hoping to apply for?
  • MightyMorphin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MightyMorphin polycounter lvl 3
    Carabiner said:
    Hey there, this looks really nice! Can you share your textures for this too? What kind of jobs are you hoping to apply for?
    Hey, thank you!

I'll put the textures below. I've done them as 2k as 4k was just for the Marmoset shots.

I'm looking for a prop artist role as a entry job. That's the area I've practiced in and seems the most logical to start in.

Normals

Albedo

Metalness

Roughness