I am so glad to see painting with a brush in Mixer . still it lacking few things I need badly
1. non square textures. We don't use square textures mostly 1024x2048 or 512x2048 and such
2. scaling bitmaps with non integer values i.e. 1,54 etc tiling or not it's useless for me now. let the tiling be a separate layer/effect or something
3 abiliti to modify depth of specific layer only, not through the whole stack . Please make depth painting with clipping group to certain layer or something.
4. I still have no idea how to import my own color+depth images
5. I need kind of a decal thing with ability to place certain detail in certain place with certan scale
6. I need an ability to link mask image scale/transform to main texture scale ( the scale is always gray btw?) pretty much liike chain links in Photoshop.
it's minimum I need to start working with Mixer . But here is a few extra suggestions:
6. I can say I hardly understand layer system with all that "from Bellow" etc. Wouldn't it be easier with just standard MAx(lighter) multiply add and other traditional blending Photoshop style. Plus transform links, clipping groups etc.
7. I'd love a kind of vector brushes with editable vectors and kind of bitmap multichannel atlas of alternating pieces going along the vector curve , staying vector and editable. Same kind of brush scattering details from atlas around vector curve.
I used this approach decades ago in Creative House expression and Xara , Always wondered why texture editors couldn't be vector soft. Vould love also kind of vector smart objects with bitmap multichannel fill and feathered edges ie. decals from point 5
8. in fact I would love even a brush scattering particles and growing actual 3d details from them. Maybe with true colliding physics. Plus a built in renderer to bake some of them back into textures with ray traycing vector editing. I actually bought Clarisse license only to make textures in such a way because of its true real time visual feedback and super cool object painting abilities.
9. ability to preview and save macro textures done with UV scaling
10. Kind of patch tool from Photoshop or better Affinity Photo allowing to rotate and flip source . Working intelligently on depth channel., fusing things on edges .
ps. it took me a while to figure out how to paint depth modifications with all that up, down and flat buttons. Would love to see just color/ value choice same as with everything.
And please add a gradient tool, both usual gradient for depth modification and gradient from gray remapping