Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Midna (Twili & Imp) - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (WIP)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Joseph_Bramlett polycounter lvl 4
Hello Polycount,

Ive been working on a project the last few weeks where I recreate Midna from twilight princess. I thought both of her forms would be nice to have in my portfolio so im working on them both simultaneously so I can keep them of a similar quality and re use materials between the two of them. Im kind of in the middle of the project where the major sculpting is done and Im working on texturing work but ide like to get feedback now before I get to much further along. So please if you have any thoughts let me know.

Replies

• Joseph_Bramlett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres some updates. Im not really sold on the texture work yet especially the skin. Painting blue skin has been a bit strange and having to condense all the body onto one texture sheet has made the crispness of the Imp midnas black hair loose some of its appeal. Please if you have an CC let me know!

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
  • Joseph_Bramlett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

So heres some updates on Midna. I think im getting close to being done with them but im still iffy about certain textures and their poses/expressions. For Imp Midna Im wrapping up work on her fur material which uses the shell technique which was quite a challenge in itself to get it to look ok and with Twili Midna im still not sold on the skin and am thinking of adding a simple shell to her cloak to make it a bit fuzzier as well. Let me know if anything stands out to you as its not to early to spend some time fixing it. Also if you have any recommended lighting tutorials for marmoset let me know. I feel thats soemthign I spend a ton of time on but never get quite right. 
  • Joseph_Bramlett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hey Polycount, I just wrapped up working on this project and wanted to let you all know. There are a lot more renders and even some technical breakdowns for realtime fur on artstation if you are interested. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v1qNN6 Even though Im stepping away from this project ide still love any cc you can give me.