Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] City environment

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
KingGankins polycounter lvl 4
Im currently working on a city environment in ue4.  Its based on the hdri below from schadowplatz germany.  I did change quite a few things so far so not trying to be exact but im just trying to achieve something realistic. 

So far I have a pretty good base and I know it could use quite a lot of refining and detail.  Just wanted to know all of your opinions on where it is lacking the most or interesting ideas I havent though of.  

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looking cool! I'd increase secondary bounces for light/global illumination. The building in the middle on the last image, I feel the vertical cement beams need more of a separation from the horizontal cement. Maybe push the horizontal part of the structure in more, or add a bevel? Would be cool to see more curved buildings like in the photo you've got.
  • KingGankins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KingGankins polycounter lvl 4
    Looking cool! I'd increase secondary bounces for light/global illumination. The building in the middle on the last image, I feel the vertical cement beams need more of a separation from the horizontal cement. Maybe push the horizontal part of the structure in more, or add a bevel? Would be cool to see more curved buildings like in the photo you've got.
    I went back to my light bake settings and the lighting is looking better.  I have to add some more interest and detail to the building models as they look rather stale.  Also need to detail out the sidewalk and street more with decals/road markings.