Home Career & Education

Game Art Salaries in the Netherlands

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
salimmatta polycounter lvl 7
Hello guys, anyone can help me concerning game art salaries in the Netherlands?

Thank you :)

Replies

• PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    gonna need more info about what you are asking  to really provide insight.

salary for what level, junior, intermediate, senior? and what roles, environment artist, prop artist, character, level designer etc. 

glassdoor is a good resource to get at least a ballpark salary range for a studio in most cases. 
  • Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    When you start its in between 1600 and 1800 euro. It might be more if you get a job at Guerrilla.
  • Andreicus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreicus polycounter lvl 6
    Zi0 said:
    When you start its in between 1600 and 1800 euro. It might be more if you get a job at Guerrilla.
    Really ? That's very low. I wonder how one could manage to live in a city like Amsterdam where i read that the cost of living is high due to high rent prices and other things.
    I mean Italy is expensive too, you will need 1200 € only to survive in a medium city.

I'm in Italy working in a factory and i make more than 1300 € net per month and although is a shitty job that due to my health issues i shouldn't do ( there is no choice due to how Italy and companies works here, you know, 4 years of experience needed for a shop assistant job so if i manage to move abroad it'll be a bless ), it's an easy job that you go on auto pilot after 1 month.

For all the efforts it takes to get good at 3D and also all the stuff that you must learn ( artistic theory, technical theory and so on ) that takes years and years of dedication, the salaries are very low.
  • Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    The numbers that I mentioned are based on own experience and what friends in The Netherlands told me (and I'm talking about junior positions) but I must add that they don't work in Amsterdam so the salary might be bigger in the capital.