Home Career & Education

[Lecture Slides] - The Road to Rebellion - Kieran Goodson

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
kierangoodson polycounter lvl 3
A few weeks ago I delivered my Road to Rebellion talk to Coventry University game students about breaking into the industry. 

For most, it's a long journey from graduation to a game studio. Portfolios, job applications, online learning- the whole ordeal. It was a great experience shedding some light on how I broke in and pointing students in the right direction. I believe it's up to us to educate the next generation of devs which is why it's so cool to see articles, discord communities and mentorships in the spotlight. 

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the game art community is pretty awesome at leaving the ladder down for those in need. So in that spirit, if you fancy having a read of the lecture, you can find that here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FaDEUh0MxRy-NWvikSjgxiKwa2xGawmU

Cheers!

- Kieran Goodson

Replies

• Ozz14
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozz14 polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for sharing these slides, Kieran! I’ve been wanting something like this for awhile now- a compilation of all the helpful podcasts, websites, and artists out there on the internet that help those of us working to get a foot in the door in the industry. I love listening to interviews with industry artists while I work, it’s very inspiring! Keep up the good work
  • kierangoodson
    Offline / Send Message
    kierangoodson polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for reading @Ozz14 , I'm glad it's been useful for you. I found when I was trying to break into the industry that there was seldom a single place with lots of resources linked. The Game Dev Discussion podcast is a brilliant one to begin with and I was on episode #17. I'd also highly recommend Art Cafe and The Collective Podcast too