Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] MARS - Fortuna Station - Horticulutre Module

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Necrodark polycounter lvl 4

Hey there!

Im currently on the final stretch of this project i am doing as part of my environment art class, we were given about 3 weeks to create and finish a modular sci fi hallway. Since I'm basically on the latter part of the project i decided to upload some screenshots here for some feedback while i still have time to implement it.

I based the scene on some concepts by Adrien Girod who is a fantastic artist on artstation - https://www.artstation.com/kurobot

I'm following the main concept in that its meant to be a station/colony on mars, I wanted to have a view of the outside but im not going to have enough time to implement it, maybe later with some quixel assets ;) (plants are quixel btw). 
I Also still need to add a bunch of decals for storytelling and atmosphere.

All feedback is appreciated! 

Replies

• icegodofhungary
    Offline / Send Message
    icegodofhungary interpolator
    I think it looks good so far. If anything it could use some more grunge/dirt to match the concept.
  • Necrodark
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it looks good so far. If anything it could use some more grunge/dirt to match the concept.
    Thanks man, I actually tried applying dirt and grime early on but I wasnt happy with the way it affected the scene compositionally and tonally so i decided to stick to some subtle edgewear and roughness variation to give it more life.
  • Necrodark
    Offline / Send Message

QUICK UPDATE

I got around to adding a bunch of mesh decals and signage to add some storytelling to the scene,
    also added a bunch of tubes to the ceilling and had some fun with setting up some compositional shots.

Still have a few things i need to finish and polish before i'm done.
    I'm also thinking of making some custom foliage since the quixel one is too good (its taking over the scene, and i feel guilty  :#)