Full-time in house Senior Artist
*IN HOUSE ONLY* Within the West Midlands/Birmingham Worcestershire Area
Role and Purpose
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help develop and deliver high quality Animation for AAA Unreal 4 projects, both for Flix's own proprietary projects and high profile clients.
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to develop fully realised 3D animations for use in large-scale game world environments
- Communicate and collaborate with Leads and the Art Director, relaying feedback to the wider art team where required
- Help create and maintain animation libraries
- Work within the specifications of the project and technology, keeping the assets within budget, as well as following per project naming conventions.
- 3 years of relevant experience and an excellent understanding of Unreal Engine 4's animation pipeline
- Demonstrate expert understanding of motion and kinematics to enable you to get the most out of character, creature and prop animations.
- Knowledgeable level of character skin weighting and rigging
- Comprehensive understanding of characters and object setup within animation blueprints
- Knowledge of Human IK or similar Maya rig controls
- Ability to build game ready locomotion animations for biped and non-biped characters
- Understanding of best practice with geometry when applying deformation to a mesh
- Experience animating high quality characters for third and first person adventure games
Demonstrate the ability to..
- Think critically about the requirements of an animation within technical and production limitations
- Self motivate and have pride in your work
- Work and communicate well within a team and studio environment
- Create high quality inspiring animations within dynamically lit game environments
- Be adaptive and master new tools in the process if required
- Take critique and guidance from others well
- Manage your time effectively to create assets in a timely fashion
Please send through your portfolio including a cover letter. If your examples are from previous works with another studio, please make sure samples are cleared for release by copyright owners. Links to an online portfolio are preferable, otherwise we accept PDF.
What We Offer
Based in Bromsgrove just outside Birmingham, Flix offers a friendly and nurturing atmosphere that will enable the opportunity to build and secure a career in the games industry. Our team are welcoming, passionate and active gamers as well as dedicated game developers.
If you have the drive and skills for making games and think you have what it takes to work within our team then we’d love to hear from you.
Send your application to – [email protected]
For more information about other job roles and the games we work on please visit our site - www.flixinteractive.com