Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fighter Jet Criticism - Su-30MKI

Greetings,
I have been working on this model for 2 years now, and so far, my model looks unrealistic, though I am not sure why. What am I missing, and how could I fix it?

Replies

• Anura_Interceptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anura_Interceptor polycounter lvl 5
    Congrats on working on one model for 2 years, that's a hell of a lot of dedication, most people would start to burn out after just a few months of working on the same model. Based on a quick comparison with some reference images, I think your model is good, it just needs better textures to bring it to life. If you're using something like Substance Painter, you should try tweaking the roughness of the paint and adding some very low strength grunge maps to the height and color, right now it's unnaturally smooth and uniform in color. Also use the color picker to pull the exact color of the aircraft from images, looks like your shade of grey might be a bit off.
  • Temppe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Temppe polycounter lvl 12
    You'll get more feedback if you put up better images. It's hard to see what's going on in those images you did put up.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Some effects could bring the model to life. Heat coming from the thrusters. Roughness variation would bring it to life a bit, and more smaller details to give proportion to the model.