Home Technical Talk

Creating First Person Animations - Tips & Guides

Alander787
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Alander787 polycounter lvl 3
Hello,

I was just thinking about a new project for my self-teaching and I came up with a project idea of making first person models of a gun and hands , with custom rig and textures and the also making animations with them.

Now I would like to ask you if you could provide me some tips, guides and general help about this topic.

Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker and thank you for any responses.

Replies

• Alex_J
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    First have a clear goal that you can visualize. Making some concept sketch/story board can help with this, even if it's just sloppy sketches. 

Once you got your clear goal that you can visualize, break it down into production steps. Prioritize what needs to happen first. The most immediate goal is to get something playable in your engine of choice. 

Do your steps to get something playable. In this case, it probably just means you push a button and the animations happen. Once you get there, then it will be easy to see where to best focus your efforts on what to improve and where energy might be wasted.

If you are doing it all for first time just find some tutorial that covers similar topics and do that. Google "FPS animations," I believe you'll have plenty to choose from.