Home Adobe Substance

Cannot figure out how to get high resolution for enormous sized mountains in from Substance to Blend

I need to get more detail out of a mountain range in each individual mountain. And each are absolutely huge, it is part of the emphatic awe that I am going for. But, obviously to do this I need pretty high resolution maps and right now it is just not good enough to cut it. Everything is so pixelated up close where the scene is going to be in the forest of the mountains that I have. I have uploaded a screen shot of what I am getting. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I am exporting 8k maps. 

Replies

• Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    Why not just create tileables and scale in engine?
  • TheMuffinMan9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did and it reads the mesh weird. I took each mesh from the ANT Landscape generator in Blender, as in some of the faces will not displace properly for one. Two I cannot get them to blend in good enough. But, it matters none the less now. I have decided that Blender and Substance are just not capable of that as of yet. The answer to my solution was the software called World Generator. Thank goodness. 
  • TheMuffinMan9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That along with megascans for the masks that World Generator creates. 
  • TheMuffinMan9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But, still that did not work. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. World Creator could not export successfully anything above 4k even though they say the sky is the limit. So I found out that the fix was to scale everything down, make sure the base texture of everything used in substance was 8k and then for animation I just have to scale the character down more than usual. However, because of a feature that is new to Blender 2.81, one can now zoom into a comfortable rotation of each object that stays in contact with a feel that you need to rotate at, so it seems to be working. I recall that feature being not near as advanced in 2.8. 
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    There's a reason nobody does large terrains with just a single high resolution texture.  

Take the advice above regarding tileables and save yourself a lot of arseache.