Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished][Unreal] Bathroom Environment w/ Photo Reference

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
novem polycounter lvl 3
Hello! I will try to create this scene inside Unreal to practise environments setup within the engine. This will be my first fully rendered project inside 
Unreal, so there will be a lot to learn. I will be using Blender for the modelling and Substance Painter/Designer for the texturing.

The reference was took from Pinterest. It's a picture from an hotel(?). I'm not sure, since the original website was in another language.

References:

Replies

• novem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    novem polycounter lvl 3
    Currently working on the blockout.
  • novem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    novem polycounter lvl 3
    I've actually finished this piece but forgot to post the process here, I'm so sorry haha

Anyway, here's the final result:

Turns out Unreal Engine is a lot simpler than I thought to put a scene together into. But I still have a long road to go improving on composition and asset creation. Might try a more modular approach on my next scene.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey, so your texturing could use quite a bit of work. I can see areas where the textures tile. Also doesn't look like you're beveling, or baking bevels, into your meshes. Your ceiling material is looking a lot older than the wood in the reference image. Also think your plant material could use a lot of work, right now it looks like green bubbly slime. Up the roughness, add micro details, give the definition some solid AO. Would also suggest keeping the floor and walls as separate meshes. I would increase the AO of the entire scene a bit.

Aside from that, it's looking alright! Good luck on your Unreal journey.
  • novem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    novem polycounter lvl 3
    Thank you for the feedback!