Home Freelance Job Postings

Looking for an experienced 2d character designer mentor

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
PatrickGibson polycounter lvl 4
I'm just wondering if there's anyone on here that would be willing to mentor me with digital painting.  I want to become a character designer that can concept in 2d and 3d.  2d needs to come first but I'm having some trouble figuring it out on my own.  If you need to be compensated we can talk about that.  I just need help getting up and running and once I break through the basics I should be good, there's alot of good tutorials out there that should suffice.  So this is probably just a short term deal. 

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Steven Stahlberg, from memory ran freebie paint over sessions for those seeking critique on their 2D work, over at CGTalk - could try there as well.
  • PatrickGibson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I dont even know how to render various types of materials yet.  I feel like i can sketch and produce decent line work, its just digital painting is tricky for me.  I found a Facebook group that might help, they do portraits but the instructor who started it seems to have a good method for painting. I've also saved a ton of videos on youtube and I need to go through them until i feel like i have a method to render anything. I was just hoping someone would help mentor me on a more personal level like we could do a screenshare in discord or something and just get me up and running. Like i said I'd be willing to pay if that's what it takes.  
  • PatrickGibson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a few people messaging me which I'm grateful for, so my main ask is for someone to teach me to render anything in 2d.  I feel like I can get the sketching part under control.  I'm just trying to find someone that knows how to render well in 2d so I can tackle any character art painting.  Who knows I may want to get into environments eventually but characters first.