Home Technical Talk

Can't reproject details from highpoly to lowpoly

Hello friends! I've been trying to reproject details onto retopologized model using ProjectAll feature in ZBrush but it doesen't seem to work for some reason.. Steps I followed: Loaded both tools > Subdivided retopologized head (till approx 2 mil polys) > Created Morph Target > Created layer > then used ProjectAll. The result as you can see are far from great :# So I was thinking, maybe my retopologized model has not enough polygons? Or is it something else? I'd love to hear your opinions! (maybe it's even better to use some oser program of feature for reprojecting idk..) Thanks!

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Why do you make a screenshot using a phone when you have built in screenshot functionality on your computer, using the screenshot button?
  • Kramer55
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura said:
    Why do you make a screenshot using a phone when you have built in screenshot functionality on your computer, using the screenshot button?
    I'm just that dumb  ;)  
  • Kramer55
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really need your help sorry for bad quality pictures!
  • FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    Since I have experience with ZBrush's "Project All" tool quite a lot, the trick is NOT to subdivide your retopoed mesh multiple times beforehand and project the highest.

Subdivide it once, then project and repeat this as many subdivision levels you need. The projection works the best if done sub-d level by sub-d level, to avoid artifacts. If you're still getting errors, your mesh may be a bit too low for this. But, I hope this helps. Good luck, and tell us the results. ;)

Also, you can either export screenshots from ZBrush, or simply using your keyboard "Print Screen" button and paste it to an image editing software for cropping and exporting. (;
  • Kramer55
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since I have experience with ZBrush's "Project All" tool quite a lot, the trick is NOT to subdivide your retopoed mesh multiple times beforehand and project the highest.

Subdivide it once, then project and repeat this as many subdivision levels you need. The projection works the best if done sub-d level by sub-d level, to avoid artifacts. If you're still getting errors, your mesh may be a bit too low for this. But, I hope this helps. Good luck, and tell us the results. ;)

Also, you can either export screenshots from ZBrush, or simply using your keyboard "Print Screen" button and paste it to an image editing software for cropping and exporting. (;
    Thank you so much for your answer! I'll try! 
    And thanks for the screenshot info =) I promise i'll post only screenshots from now one xd
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    For me this looks like there is something wrong with the min-max range which seems clamped.
  • Kramer55
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

It worked! Thank you so much, you saved me <3