Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP]Nostalgic Sega Genesis Scene

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
CWardee polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone! =)
I really wanted to share what I've been cracking on with lately & grab some feedback! After spotting & falling in love with Rachid Lotf's work on ArtstStation I really wanted to have a go at creating something with that same nostalgic feel, his Sega Megdrive piece in particular struck a cord with, it being my first console!

Soooo here's where I've got to so far, got a little ways to go with adding a Controller or two, varying up the cartridges & sorting the background out!

Any & all feedback would be massively helpful! :3

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey, the chromatic aberration is making the scene seem a little blurry, I think it could be toned down a wee bit. I also think if you cleared the bottom right or left of games and had a bare desk, or the controller + wire, it would provide some rest for the eye, a bit more interest, and prevent you from needing to find 30 more pieces of cartridge art!

Love the colors and scene idea :)
  • CWardee
    Offline / Send Message
    CWardee polycounter lvl 2
    Thank you! Hopefully I'm making some decent progress! :)

So I've toned down the Chromatic Aberration, tried to sharpen things up a tad & redid the Controller! Planning to redo the Television set & sort the Wire clipping out as well as some background stuff! Going to experiment with adding a Black desk underneath & clearing out some of the corner Cartridges too! :3