Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for some feedback

deedoubleyou
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
deedoubleyou polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys almost done sculpting this so any advice or things that you think need work would be appreciated before i start retupo/texturing! 
Things im aware of- shape of boots needs fixed and bare crotch area needs filled with something.

Replies

• JamesBrisnehan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan sublime tool
    I think your wrinkles on the pants and jacket could use more refinement. I think the wrinkles are all too uniform size sharpness and frequency. Some areas of tension would help as well as some places with deeper more defined folds. Like this example, the areas that are tighter to the body have fewer and smaller wrinkles, and the areas where the cloth bunches up have much bigger and deeper folds. Once you get that down, you can add details like seams and pockets. 

Also I'm not sure what kind of art style you are aiming for, but your guys face reads as stylized, but the body and clothing are more realistic in design, proportions, and detailing. Whichever way you are leaning, fully embracing it would help in achieving a consistent look.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Nice start. Agree with JamesBrisnehan. The size and intensity of your cloth wrinkles suggest thicker material than we are used to seeing on these clothing types. Also the rib cage looks a little deflated from the side view.
  • deedoubleyou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deedoubleyou polycounter lvl 4
    Sorry for not replying ive been busy. But I appreciate the feedback alot! what do you guys think of it now? im about done and ready to retup/texture.