Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] [Looking for Feedback] Fable Character Fan Art

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Glynnybob polycounter lvl 7

Hey Folks!

I wanted to create a character based within the fable universe which I spent many hours in when I was younger. I'm currently just sculpting out the basic idea using 'Tipple' concept art by the amazing Mike McCarthy as my base for a character.

Any feedback, tips or critique is greatly appreciated as I'm starting to make a habit out of asking more and more people for their advice.
Gif of my process so far

My references I'm currently using

Replies

• Glynnybob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Quick update for the body!

Quickly blocking out the general shape of the character, think he's a way too fat from the side and his arms need shaping a bit better

Hands are the bane of my life, I can either get them first time or not at all so I'll see if I can break that little issue I'm facing

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    hi
    Made a gif of what i believe might need fixing, so slow down, cowboy :astonished:
    If you disagree you can continue with what you are doing.
    Feeling a bit burnt on helping others so hopefully you excuse any real anatomy errors in my draw over, all.

Good luck nice looking character.
    edit: if anyone else wants to come along and draw over my draw over you are welcome to.
  • Glynnybob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you mate that is wonderful! I just couldn't pick what was wrong with the arms so this and everything else you've done is gonna help massively, thank you!
  • Glynnybob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Woohoo feedback!

Updated the body some more using @DavidCruz advice, cheers mate feel a lot better about this sculpt now.

Feet and hands are still gonna need some work since trying to get to grips with the style of the fable games and their HUGE proportions is all sorts of weird, still fun though.

• HarlequinWerewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
    I think the legs should be a bit slimmer. Keep the big feet, but slim down the calf and ankle a little. Just my personal opinion though ;)

• Glynnybob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Been a While!

Hey folks, been a while since I've been back, started a new job and the commute is killer (especially as I'm now self-isolating) only been able to do bits and bobs.

I've updated the head and I'm currently re-doing the anatomy of the body

If anyone has any feedback on this head so far I would love to hear it. I've been staring at it on and off for a month and I can't seem to get close to finishing without finding something wrong and then removing the details and re-doing it all. 
  • Sora123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sora123 polycounter lvl 5
    looks good I weuld add a simple placeholders for the hair and eyebrows to help you blockout and add more additional landmarks. hopefully that will helpout.
  • Glynnybob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Placeholders and all that jazz!

Took on the advice of @Sora123 and yeah, I feel so much better with this model now, gonna keep at it and see how I can butcher it next, wish me luck!

• Joseph_Bramlett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph_Bramlett polycounter lvl 4
    Yeah the placeholder helped a lot. That little extra step can help so much when modeling. 
  • Glynnybob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Details 'n' Stuff

Working my way through with some finer details and see how long my luck lasts

• Glynnybob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Oh God What Have I Done!

New body in the works, Using some size reference from the concept art, his head is so tiny.

Stumpy legs need some fixing.

And my god does he need better hands, better arms and well, he needs better everything right now.

Any feedback is welcome and loved.