Home Unreal Engine

Problem with Unreal -SOLVED-

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
NickXenos polycounter lvl 6
Hello everyone
I am facing a problem with UE4. I am not really familiar with Unreal Engine so I hope someone might help me.I am importing an fbx. file from maya to Unreal. Up until now I had Unreal 4.13 version and everything was working fine, I recently updated my version to 4.22 and I am facing a strange issue, When I am importing my fbx, file which is an environment some of my meshes have black marks on them.I though that it might be something with the uvs, but I cant seem to figure it out. The weird thing is that if I am importing the same scene in version 4.13 my meshes show just fine, I will attach a screenshot to shocwcase the problem and the uvs of the mesh. Just in case someone asks, this sink for example has only one uv set.
Thank you all.

Replies

• icegodofhungary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    icegodofhungary interpolator
    It does this to me and the problem is that I have my lighting set to static rather than stationary or moveable. If your lights in unreal are just static, they only use baked lighting info, so there's no lighting for your mesh to use for proper rendering. You would have to bake it. If you set your lights to stationary, those cast static and dynamic lighting, which should make it show up in the viewport correctly. Try building your scene first and see if that fixes it.
  • NickXenos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the answer.. When I import the scene I dont have any lights at all. I tried what you suggested, using stationary lights and baking them but still the result is the same.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    Do u have a second uv set for your lightmap?
  • NickXenos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I figured it out,when you import the fbx. file there is a setting where there is an option whether you want the software to change the normals or not. By default is change. When I switched it to keep the originals it worked fine! thank you all for the answers