Home Marmoset

Displacement destroys model

Elarionus
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Elarionus polycounter lvl 3
I'm having a hard time with Marmoset. I'd like to put my baked normal map onto my mesh, and then add displacement with a height map that I have from Substance Painter after the fact. However, whenever I set my displacement to height and plug in the texture, it just destroys the model completely. I even tried enabling the PN Triangles settings, as some suggested online. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it to achieve the effect I'm after?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like displacement scale is set to 1, which is a high value. Try setting it to 0 and gradually raising it.
  • Elarionus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elarionus polycounter lvl 3
    It looks like displacement scale is set to 1, which is a high value. Try setting it to 0 and gradually raising it.
    The same situation arises. When it is set to 0, there's nothing going on with the model at all. As I raise it, the model slowly shreds and fragments all over the place.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's difficult to tell what the problem could be from the screenshot. If you can send your scene file we'll have a look at it. The easiest way is to go to File -> Export -> Scene bundle, and then zip up the .tbscene and /assets/ folder. Then you can email it to support@marmoset.co - please include a description of the problem as well (or a link to this thread).