Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Shinjyuku Station

triangle
Offline / Send Message
shaderpunk triangle

Introduction

About this project - It started this as a modular study at Clinton Clumper’s CGMA course, and I sort of expanded to a more versatile scene to improve my overall skills of modeling, level art, optimization, lighting, composition and visual story-telling. I created the majority of the assets but I also utilized some of the third party assets. This scene was inspired by Shinjyuku station in Tokyo when a massive typhoon approached and left the station surrealistically empty.

Breakdowns

■ Props 

- Power generator (Main: Blender) 

7,365 verts

- Cable cover (Main: Marvelous Designer&Zbsush)

916 verts

■ Material 

- Trimsheets (Main: Maya & Photoshop)

- Asphalt Material (Main: Quixel Mixer)

- Gravel Material

■ Blueprint 

- Auto SplineTool

Software I used - UE4, Blender, Zbrush, Maya, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Quixel Mixer, Marvelous Designer and Marmoset Toolbag.

Marketplace assets I used: IndustryPropsPack4, Personnel, Weather Effects, Subway Station, Trainyard, Trash Set, ZeusWeatherSFX

CCs are welcome! 

Thanks,

Yurie

Replies

• Jesterofthesky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesterofthesky polycounter lvl 9
    Haha when I saw this I thought "Oh man I've seen a few takes on Shinjyuku Station recently" before realizing I was remembering early versions of this very work of yours, then reading that you were in that class of Clinton's too! Looks really great! The lighting is particularly good, really atmospheric. I wonder if some secondary motion could be added, making the broken dangling lights swing a bit in the wind etc?
  • shaderpunk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shaderpunk triangle
    Thank you! These are great suggestions. I'm trying to figure out a good way to use World Position Offset for stuff like dangling lights right now actually! These could use some motion for sure.