THREAKS is searching for an experienced VFX/Tech Artist to help us with designing a stylized world for our next big title.
The game will need a variety of real-time tech solutions for water, lighting, sediments, shaders/materials and a variety of effects.
Alongside the effects work we are a studio that values high frame-rates and optimization a lot. We love finding workflows and tech setups that shape the pipeline and enable us to bring out the best possible visual end-result.
The game's style is a unique stylized/semi-realistic look. One of the main mechanics is time traveling, so uniquely visualizing time switches will be a great and amazing challenge.
Skills & Requirements
- research and set up vfx and tech pipelines
- identification and proposal of solutions for issues in technical workflows/pipeline
- create shaders, particle systems, vfx, lighting setups
- collaborate with the lead graphics programmer and art director to find good tech solutions to visualize the art style
- management and monitoring of the technical process / the art departments pipelines
- analyzing and suggesting methods that fit within guidelines, technical limitations and budget constraints of the game
- you have successfully worked for real-time / game projects +2 years minimum
- ability to create node-based shaders and shader workflows
- great proficiency in creating believable/realistic particle systems and other effects
- a great feeling for handling technical limitations and an ability to pitch solutions for alternatives
- communicate well and present solutions well to the team
- demonstrate leading and developing the department around you and be an active driving force
- excellent understanding of structuring tasks/time within given guidelines and technical limitations
- expert knowledge of working with maya as our main production tool in combination with Unity 3D
- great previous experience with setting up and troubleshooting projects in Unity 3D
- experience in structured uv mapping, texel density on models, baking and texture setups
- you can work in different styles and can easily adapt and change into a given art direction
- you strive to create outstanding games with high framerates/great performance and the best optimizations possible
- strong interest in innovation within real-time shading techniques, new software and academic research
- complete understanding of classic and PBR rendering/lighting models
- you have strong modeling skills and a strong knowledge of meshflow for animation and implementing it in engine
- knowledge of rigging and weight painting
- production experience / knowledge of other content creation software like substance or houdini
- knowledge of python and/or other visual scripting tools
We are offering help in relocating and with the visa applicationsEmail:
please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to: [email protected]
THREAKS is an award winning game studio from Hamburg, Germany founded in 2009.
We work on games that we love for pc, consoles and mobile as well as AR & VR.
Our diverse portfolio is based in one common core: exceptional quality in tech and art.
We always try to push the boundaries of what‘s possible with great focus on juicy player feedback, stunning looks and a feeling for the most immersive player experience.
We look forward to your mail!