Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Dark Sci-fi Apartment Building Stairwell

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
samdelfanti polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys! I am new to posting here but see all the great work and feedback people receive and wanted in! This is the scene I have been working on over the last month or so. I'm building this scene in Ue4, using ray tracing for reflections, and primarily baked lighting. This scene was inspired by the game Observer and David Fincher films. My plan is to have a large hanging "sci fi tech" eye in the middle of the stairwell that everybody is drawing power from. I like the idea that it crashed through the skylight and the people are transfixed by it. 

That's the gist of it! I really am looking for composition color and lighting critique if possible. Also anything that stands out as jarring or distracting would be great to know about. Finally anything you guys can contribute to selling the idea that this sci fi eye fell from the sky and is powering the apartment building as well as mesmerizing the residents.

Just a final note. I am planning on having cables hanging from the eye, I just want to get the base mesh in first!

These are some of the references I am using for this project. The ones in red are my key references.

This is the main shot I am working on.

These are a couple of other shots of the environment.

This is the scene in editor.

Some of the assets I've made in Maya.

Thanks for getting this far! Any and all feedback would be greatly accepted.

Thanks!

Replies